1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Etobicoke family expected to recover after furnace leaks carbon monoxide

CityNews | posted Wednesday, Nov 25th, 2015

carbonmonoxideleaketobicoke-878x494

An Etobicoke family in hospital after a leaky furnace filled their home with carbon monoxide gas.

Emergency crews were called to a home on Wareside Road near Renforth Drive and Rathurn Road just after 2 a.m. on Wednesday.

Police say the furnace was leaking, causing carbon monoxide levels to rise.

The father called 911. The mother and the family’s two-year-old child were unconscious when emergency crews arrived, but regained consciousness when they were taken outside. All three are expected to recover.

Police say the carbon monoxide detector had been turned off because the family thought it was defective.

Enbridge Gas told CityNews the readings inside the home were up to 900 parts per million, and that anything over 100 parts per million is considered dangerous.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.