1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Beagle pug euthanized after eating poisoned kibble during Vaughan walk

CityNews | posted Thursday, Dec 10th, 2015

beaglepug1-e1449757642775-878x494

A six-and-a-half-year-old beagle pug named Coca had to be euthanized after eating poisoned kibble when it was out for a walk with its owner in Vaughan, according to police.

Coca and its owner were out for a walk on Nov. 25 on Shawbridge Boulevard in the area of Gidleigh Park Crescent when the dog stopped and began eating something by a mailbox.

Later the same day, Coca became violently ill. By the next morning the dog was too weak to walk and had to be taken to a veterinarian.

The veterinarian said the symptoms the dog suffered were consistent with glycol poisoning.

On Nov. 27 the owner decided to euthanize the dog.

Police said glycol was in the kibble that they seized from the scene.

Police are asking for any witnesses or anyone with information in the Shawbridge Boulevard area to contact them.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.