1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Ghomeshi back in court for second week of trial

The Canadian Press | posted Monday, Feb 8th, 2016

jianghomeshi-featured

The trial of Jian Ghomeshi, the disgraced former broadcaster accused of sexual assault, will continue Monday.

Ghomeshi is charged with four counts of sexual assault, and one count of overcome resistance by choking, which he has pleaded not guilty to.

Last week, the court heard from former actress Lucy DeCoutere, the only one of the three complainants in the case who can be publicly named.

Ghomeshi’s lawyer launched an intense cross-examination of DeCoutere over emails sent to the former CBC host.

One of them, sent a few hours after DeCoutere alleges Ghomeshi assaulted her, expressed a desire to have sex with him.

But DeCoutere said that doesn’t change the fact that she was assaulted.

The court has yet to hear from a third complainant who is slated to testify in the trial.

Ghomeshi acknowledged in 2014 that he engaged in rough sex acts, but said it was consensual.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.