1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Smoke detectors credited for saving lives in Mississauga apartment fire

CityNews | posted Tuesday, Apr 4th, 2017

goreway-fire-april42017B2

Working smoke detectors are being credited for saving the lives of a mother and her two young children in Mississauga.

A fire began in their apartment on Goreway Drive near Morning Star Drive just after midnight on Tuesday.

An unattended candle sparked the blaze, Mississauga Fire said. The woman, a nine-year-old boy and a six-year-old girl all made it out safely.

A few other units in the building were evacuated as a precaution. Brampton Transit buses were brought in to shelter the residents. While the other residents have been allowed been home, the three people in the affected unit will not be able to return.

There is significant damage not only from the fire, but also from smoke and water, Mississauga Fire said.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.