BT Daily Prizing
Breakfast Television has many opportunities for you to win great prizes! Be sure to watch BT from 5:30 to 9 a.m. for your chance to win.
To make sure you’re in the loop, follow us on the social networks below:
Here are the Rules and Regulations for Breakfast Television daily prizes:
BT Daily Prize Giveaways Contest
1. These Contest Rules apply to contests operated by Rogers Broadcasting Limited, owner of City (“Breakfast Television”), conducted by Breakfast Television as set out below, (a “Breakfast Television Contest”) except where there are specific rules for a particular contest.
2. By entering a Breakfast Television Contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest Rules except where there are specific rules for a particular contest.
3. Details of the prize(s) available to be won, the start and end dates and/or times, and any other information relevant to entering, participating or winning will be identified by the on-air host or on the Website, as applicable, for each Breakfast Television Contest.
4. Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one entry per person.
5. Unless otherwise stated, Breakfast Television Contests are open to Ontario residents who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry, excluding employees of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled.
6. To enter for a chance to win a Breakfast Television Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host or on www.breakfasttelevision.ca (the “Website”) (as applicable) to find out how to enter for a chance to win a prize.
7. Breakfast Television Call-in Contests: You will be required to call in to Breakfast Television at the telephone number provided by the on-air host and be the correct caller as specified by the on-air host and follow the instructions of the on-air host or an employee that answers the phone. Callers will have 5 seconds to respond once the call is answered. If the telephone line is dead when answered by Breakfast Television, or no audible response is heard, or no one responds after 5 seconds, Breakfast Television will answer the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call. In the event a call is cut off before all personal data is collected, Breakfast Television will make its best efforts to make contact with the cut off caller provided enough personal information was gathered in order to correctly identify the cut off caller. In the event two or more calls come through on the same line, all such callers will be advised to hang up and try again and the next call in sequence will replace that call.
8. Random Draw Contests: For contests where the winner is selected by a draw, a random draw will be made by a Breakfast Television representative from all qualifying entries made by the contest deadline. Selected contestant(s) will be contacted using the contact information provided at the time of entry (e.g. telephone number, email address).
9. Twitter Contests: You must have a Twitter account, or should you not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and follow the instructions on how to create your account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Twitter account. By creating a Twitter account, each entrant agrees to comply with the Terms of service of Twitter. To enter, be or become a follower of Breakfast Television and follow the instructions given by the on-air host.
10. Facebook Contests. Go to www.facebook.com/BTtoronto and add the Breakfast Television fan page to your Facebook profile and click the “Like” button. To enter, follow the instructions given by the on-air host .
11. Email Contests. Send your email to the email address as directed by the on-air host. The content of the email will be announced by the on-air host.
12. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Breakfast Television reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
13. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and is/are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Breakfast Television reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
14. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by phone at a mutually convenient time; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. In the event a Breakfast Television Contest is open to minors as may be specified by the on-air host and the selected entrant is a minor, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed to be the entrant who must meet all contest eligibility requirements and who may accept the prize on behalf of the minor.
15. Rulings by Breakfast Television are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of the prizes.
16. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Breakfast Television and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
17. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
18. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
19. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Breakfast Television takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Breakfast Television is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Breakfast Television.
21. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Breakfast Television, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
22. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Breakfast Television. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
23. Breakfast Television assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Breakfast Television reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Breakfast Television reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
24. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of being the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
25. Contests using Facebook are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Breakfast Television and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant or participant in any Facebook Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Breakfast Television and not Facebook.