- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine stems
- 1 frozen banana, broken in half
- 1 Gala apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% plain yogurt
- 1 tsp manuka honey, optional
- WHIRL blueberries, blackberries, romaine stems, banana, apple, yogurt and manuka honey (optional) in a blender until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Pour into 2 bowls.
- TOP with your choice of smoothie toppers. (Above: Mangoes and kiwis add extra antioxidants to this berry blend.)
Smart smoothie toppers
Pepitas: Just 2 tbsp contains 5 g of protein and 5 g of fibre.
Figs: High in vitamin K, fibre and copper.
Goji berries: Great source of vitamins A and C.
Almonds: The nut with the most fibre: 3 g in 2 tbsp
Chia: Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, protein and fibre.
Flax: Nearly 4 g of fibre in 2 tbsp. Ground seeds are easier for your body to absorb.
Hemp hearts: Full of protein, magnesium and healthy fats.