- 1½ cups (375 mL) barley or orzo pasta)
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Red or Yellow Peppers, halved, and seeded
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumbers
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt, black pepper and smoked paprika
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well; place in large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss with hot pasta. Set aside to cool, loosening with a fork occasionally.
- Place peppers, cut side down, on greased baking sheet and broil 6 inches
- (15 cm) from element until blackened, about 10 minutes. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool enough to handle. Remove skin and coarsely chop.
- Add peppers, cucumber, red onion and dill to pasta. Toss to mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Courtesy of Mairlyn SmithTags: cucumbers, peppers, vegetables