Pomegranates, blueberries, apples, chia, hemp hearts and lecithin are all beneficial for bowel cleansing. Chia seeds are a rich source of soluble fibre, which helps the body sweep away waste, toxins, and minimizes your risk of developing constipation. This recipe is also gluten-, soy-, dairy-, egg-, and nut-free
Makes: 4–6 servings. Keeps for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- 2 cups wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup filtered water, just off the boil if using frozen berries
- 1 cup organic pomegranate or berry juice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
- optional boosters
- 2 tsp sunflower lecithin powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 drops liquid stevia (if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tbsp NutraVeg Omega 3 Oil
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (about 1/2 pomegranate), or other fresh fruit if pomegranate is unavailable
- 2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- Place the blueberries in a large bowl. If using frozen blueberries, pour boiling water over them, mixing gently to thaw; otherwise, add cold or room-temperature water.
- Add the juice, applesauce, chia seeds and Hemp Hearts to the berries, and stir well.
- Mix in any of the boosters if desired, and place in the refrigerator to set overnight.
- In the morning, let it return to room temperature on the counter and serve topped with fresh fruit and pumpkin seeds.
Tags: dessert, gluten free, healthy