- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices Ace Organic multigrain bread
- 1/3 cup grated PC Black Label jura cheese
- 1/3 cup grated PC Black Label Isle of Man cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon PC Black Label togarashi spice blend
- PC Black Label truffle aioli
- Spread mayonnaise over one side of each piece of bread. Place one slice mayo-side-down in a non-stick frypan.
- Carefully sprinkle cheese evenly over bread. Sprinkle cheese with togarashi spice.
- Top with second bread slice. Put the pan on the stove over medium.
- Cook, 3 to 5 min per side or until cheese melts and bread is toasty. Serve with truffle aioli and sauerkraut.
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
- Half a small red cabbage (about 750g)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for brine
- Thinly slice cabbage. Combine with salt in a large bowl. Massage vigourously until cabbage is soft and wilted and there’s lots of liquid in the bowl, about 7 min.
- Pack cabbage into a well-cleaned 1-L glass jar, packing it down as much as possible. Once it’s all packed into the jar, stir 1 teaspoon salt with 1 cup warm water until dissolved. Add this mixture into the jar just so the cabbage is covered by ½ inch. Cover the jar with a piece of paper towel and secure this with a rubber band.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 3 days, and as much as 7 days. Replace paper towel with a lid and keep refrigerated.
Serves 1 . Recipes courtesy of Claire Tansey’s Kitchen.