1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Kentucky man suffers burns as E-cigarette explodes in his pants

CityNews | posted Thursday, Feb 25th, 2016

E-cigarettes are said to be a less dangerous alternative for smokers than actually lighting up. But one Kentucky man begs to differ.

Josh Hamilton suffered second degree burns after his e-cigarette caught fire in his pants pocket.

Hamilton attempting to pay for some items after stopping at the Quality Quick gas station in Owensboro, about 120 km west of Louisville when his front pants pocket suddenly burst into flames. He quickly ran outside where gas station employee Jassie Singh used a fire extinguisher to douse the fire.

“Suddenly, there was a blast in his pocket and there was fire — big fire — and he was burning,” Singh told WFIE.

“I was like, what is going on, man?” Singh said.

Hamilton was taken to a local hospital and is expected to be okay. It appears the battery from his e-cigarette caught fire.


  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.