1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

McArthur murder investigation to be updated on Monday

News Staff and The Canadian Press | posted Monday, Mar 5th, 2018

Toronto police will have the latest update in the ongoing investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur on Monday morning.

According to the CBC, police have found the remains of a seventh person at a Leaside property where McArthur worked as a landscaper.

Police reportedly found the remains inside garden planters seized from the home.

Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga will provide an update at 10:30 a.m.

Last month police charged McArthur with a sixth count of first-degree murder in the death of 40-year-old Skandaraj Navaratnam, who disappeared from the city’s gay village in 2010.

Navaratnam’s remains were among those of six people recovered from planters at a home on Mallory Crescent.

Three of the six sets of remains have now been identified using fingerprint analysis and dental records, Idsinga said, adding other confirmed victims are 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman and 50-year-old Soroush Mahmudi.

McArthur has also been charged with first-degree murder in the presumed deaths of 44-year-old Selim Esen, Majeed Kayhan, 58, and Dean Lisowick, either 43 or 44.

Sources told 680 NEWS investigators have found photos of eight possible victims on McArthur’s computer. Idsinga would not comment on those claims.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.