1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Wilson-Raybould’s submission on SNC-Lavalin could be released Friday

BT Toronto | posted Friday, Mar 29th, 2019

The SNC-Lavalin affair will once again take centre stage on Parliament Hill, as new evidence into the scandal could be released as early as Friday.

Earlier this week, former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould filed a written submission with the Justice Committee that she said would contain text messages, email, as well as additional facts and evidence from her original testimony.

The documents had to be translated and redacted of personal information before being released, and that work could wrap up as early as this afternoon.

During her initial testimony, Wilson-Raybould accused the Prime Minister’s Office of improperly pressuring her over the SNC-Lavalin case. The Liberals have disputed her claims and used their majority to end the committee investigation, prompting this written submission.

It is not clear if there will be any further bombshell details in those yet-to-be-released documents.

The Justice Committee hearings into this controversy were shut down by the Liberal majority; however, the ethics commissioner is investigating.

Wilson-Raybould said the written submission would be “within the confines of the waiver of cabinet confidence and solicitor-client privilege” she was granted before testifying orally. That waiver covers up until Jan. 14, when she was shuffled out of her dual role as justice minister and attorney general.

Comments

  • No comments have been left yet, get the conversation started!

Leave a Comment Below

Sign in to comment.

All fields are required.

Want to embed media into your comment? Just paste in a URL in a separate paragraph to the page where you would normally view the media (like on YouTube) and it will automatically be embedded into your comment.